Eid-ul-Fitr is all about celebration, as it is a gift to the rozadaars right after Ramazan. While the celebration is mostly about eating, which is why it is also known as Meethi Eid. In most homes, we have a tradition of preparing Sawaiyyan on Chaand Raat which we devour the first thing in the morning, and serve it to the family and guests on Eid.
Although there are many more desserts you can prepare this Meethi Eid other than sawaiyyan, here are the top 5 desserts you can fix:
Easy peasy uber lemony one bowl snacking cake
Eggs 1 + two egg yolks
Lemon zest 3 tbsp
1 1/3 cups of sugar
Lemon extract 1/2 tsp
3 tbsp lemon juice
2/3 a cup of sour cream
2 cups cake flour ( you can you all purpose also )
1tsp baking p
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Rub sugar and lemon zest With your fingers ( preferably ) until incorporated.
2. Add 1/2 a cup of vegetable oil.
3. Whisk it so the flavors bloom together.
4. Add one egg at a time. Whisk them just enough.
5. Whisk sour cream to your batter.
6. Add the dry ingredients together simply by adding them altogether in a large sieve
7. Sift everything until everything is well incorporated. add to batter in three installments.
8. With your spatula, combine the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Just fold it until mixed in. Do it very gently until it’s nice and smooth.
9. Pour your beautiful batter on a greased pan with parchment paper .
10. Bake for 15 minutes first in a preheated oven on 350 degrees
11. Rotate and bake till 25 minutes have passed.
12. Let it rest on a wire rack for 10- 15 minutes.
13. Now time to glaze this beauty.
14. Take one cup of confectioners sugar and 5 1/2 tsp of lemon juice. Blend it together and drizzle over your cake until it drips on the side.
Fudge Chocolate brownies
Dark chocolate 200 grams
Butter 1/3 a cup
Brown sugar 165 grams
Large eggs 3 + 2 egg yolks
Coco powder 1tbsp
All purpose flour 2tbsp
Pure vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
* Melt butter and dark chocolate on double boiler
* In a stand mixer pour eggs and beat till they turn pale and yellow on medium speed.
* Add 1/2 a cup of sugar at a time on medium to high speed until pale finish mixing the other half ( b. Sugar ) until yellow.
* Now add vanilla extract and mix a little more.
* Pour your chocolate and butter mixture from one side of the bowl carefully so it doesn’t loose air.
* Patiently fold into coco. P and flour and work slowly with spatula until it combines well.
* Pour it on a parchment paper ( already greased rectangle dish )
* Bake in preheated oven for 25- 30 minutes.
* Cool for 15 minutes
* Cut and serve
Walnut and cinnamon Sour cream cake
2 cups plain flour
1tsp baking p
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 eggs room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
( you can use pecans too )
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Makes 6 to 8 servings
1. Preheat oven at 180*C. Mix flour, baking p, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Beat 1 cup sugar and the butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Mix in vanilla stir in flour mixture alternatively with sour cream. Beating after each addition until smooth. Set aside .
2. Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Pour half of batter into well greased Bundt pan ( ring tin ) sprinkle with half of filling. Repeat with remaining batter and filling.
3. Bake at 180*C for 30 to 40 minutes. If wooden pick inserted in centre doesn’t come out clean, let it stand in oven a few minutes to complete cooking. Cool 10 minutes remove from tin. Cool completely on wire rack
4. 1 cup icing sugar, i tbsp lemon juice 2 tbsp milk, drizzle on top of your cake and make swirls.It tastes perfect even without it
5. Serve warm.
Baker : ERUM YOUSAF BABAR
Cakeliciousdubai ( Instagram)