Having a dull skin days? We have some useful tips for you all to look fresh and get the youthful glow.
The most common skin issue faced by women specially in the hot regions is a dull skin. Many aren’t aware that the main reason for that is a skin not well taken care of.
Here are few tips on how to maintain your skin’s freshness and glow. Follow them religiously and we promise you, results will be seen in no time.
- Have a proper Skin care Routine : I would often hear and see women say they have flawless skin and do not need any kind of creams. This is the biggest mistake that most of us make and this is where our skin starts becoming worse. But it’s never too late, invest in a good cleanser, toner and moisturizer for daily use twice a day. Make sure to get products for your skin type, dry, normal or oily.
2.Exfoliate/Scrub: Over a period of time, there are dead cells that accumulate on our skin which need to be attended every now and then. Exfoliating and scrubbing helps in removing those unwanted skin improving our complexion. The following are some reasons why it helps in retaining the freshness of our skin.
- Reduces Appearance of Large Pores
- Fade Away All Signs of Aging
- Improve Our Skins Texture
- Helps Clear Acne & Breakouts
- Unblocks Layer on skin. Hence, absorbs the serums even better
3. Masks-A lot of brands have come up with different masks that works wonders and caters to almost all skin issues. All you need to do is, understand the need of your skin and get a product for it. I personally love using masks to relax my tired skin. An exhausted skin can cause one to look really dull.
Here are some masks that we love for glowing skin, the idea is to get those which says the following:
- pore shrink
4. Kitchen on the Rescue: We spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Why not do some multi tasking? Work plus pampering of skin can be a good combination. Just mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of milk and half teaspoon of lemon juice and make a paste. Apply all over face and leave it on for a while you cut the herbs needed for the curry. Approximately after 7 to 10 minutes, the mask is ready to be washed off with luke warm water. Spray some rose-water for extra love.
5. Keep Skin Hydrated– whether your skin is dry, normal or oily, hydrate it! there are plenty of moisturizing products in the market that deals with your skin type. Dry skin is the main cause of flaky and lifeless skin. From drugstore to high-end there are many options but my favorite has always been oils. Research for the best oil for your skin type. I found coconut oil and olive oil to be two of the best that can be used for all kinds of skin.
Check out properties of these amazing oils:
- argan oil
- tamanu oil
- sweet almond oil
6. Protect from Sun: This is the most neglected part of anyone’s skin care regime. While it is a bonus if your moisturizing creams contains SPF15, it is also a fact that this number is not enough to protect your skin from the sun. You need at least SPF50. One should understand the negative impact sun can have on skin, while it provides us with Vitamin D, it can be very dangerous when you are exposed to it at the wrong time.
7. Drink Water: I know, it i so old school kind of tip but it definitely works. Let’s make it easy and start with 1 litre of water a day and we gradually will increase. But remember to drink and never forget. I always forget and the only solution I have is to put a reminder as this is the most important part if we want healthy skin.
AUTHOR: VEENA HUSSAIN